What is the Field Guide Network?
The Field Guide Network is where adult leaders of youth and young adult ministries in the United Methodist Church can connect for informal coaching connections that meet specific ministry needs.
Why connect in the Network?
- Ministry with youth and young adults (ages 11-35 years old) is challenging! It constantly evolves and challenges newcomers and experienced leaders alike.
- It’s free! There is no cost involved in the Field Guide Network.
- Connections can provide support and guidance to leaders in many different ministry contexts
- It connects you as a youth or young adult ministry leader with others in the United Methodist Church who have passion and expertise in ministry with young people.
- The United Methodist Church has understood the value of connection from our beginning
Who are Field Guides?
Field Guides are experienced United Methodist leaders who have:
- Deep experiential knowledge of particular ministry areas called “specialties”
- An active ministry setting where their specialties are being demonstrated
- A record of quality relationship and coaching skills with peers and co-workers
- Completed an application and review process with Young People’s Ministries (part of Discipleship Ministries)
How do I start?
- Browse Field Guide Profiles using the Search Page. Sort Field Guides by Specialty, Geographical Area, or Church Size.
- Visit a Field Guide’s Profile Page to read about their background, ministry context, theology in ministry, and more.
- To contact an individual Field Guide, click the “Public Message” button on their profile page. Send a brief message of what you hope to learn through your connection.
- That Field Guide will respond to your request within 48 hours. That’s it!
I’m interested in becoming a Field Guide!
Awesome! Visit the Become a Field Guide Page to learn more about the application process.